IMPACT SC5: Bridging land, food, energy and water for increased resource sufficiency – the impact of European Research Programmes
An interactive workshop comparing the approaches of SC2 and SC5 approaches and their impacts on future R and D strategies and EU policy goals. In this context, we will discuss how stronger interlinkages between programmes could help to increase efficiency, reduce redundancies and build synergies in research and its applications while also improving governance across sectors.
Time and date
- Webinar date 23 March 2021
- Time: 10-12 CET
This is a virtual event. You will receive a link where to connect after registration.
- Welcome and introduction
- IMPACT SC5 Coordinator (Naiara Uribe, Tecnalia, IMPACT-SC5 Coordinator)
- Synergies between SC2 and SC5 impacts – Initial findings (Mona Arnold, VTT)
- Portfolio analysis – the water theme (Janne Lehenkari, VTT)
- Panel discussion (3-5 members)
- Panagiotis Balabanis, DG Research and Innovation
- Floor Brouwer, SIM4Nexus project coordinator, University of Wageningen
- Antonia Lorenzo (BIOAZUL), Water Europe (Leader of the WG on Water and Agrifood)
- Jaana Lehtimäki (Academy of Finland) NCP for both SC2 and SC5
- Casper Zulim de Swarte (Shuttelaar & partners), Senior Advisor Food Transition
- Europa Bio (tbc)
- Katerina Moutou (Fisheries and marine), University of Thessaly (tbc)
- Moderator: Linda van Duivenbode, JIIP
- Short introduction by each panellist (of themselves and their interest in the topic)
- Three questions to the panellists (provisional):
- 1. Comments on the first findings of the SC2 and SC5 impact analysis comparison
- 2. What integrative activities/approaches can impact future resource management and sufficiency?
- a. Are new instruments are needed?
- b. What further integrative work between projects would be beneficial in achieving greater synergies between impacts?
- 3. How could the impacts of European research better support European goals and global targets (Water – Climate – Biodiversity – Biobased industry)?
- Questions from the audience
You can register through the online registration form here.